The sweet Kristin of Little Mama Jama tagged me in her post.
Here are the rules:
Someone chooses you.
You tell 11 things about yourself.
You answer 11 questions.
How fun! So, here goes:
11 Things About Me
1. I love musical theatre. I was in my first musical at the age of ten, and I became hooked.
2. I am a former dancer. I studied ballet for 6 1/2 years, pointe for 2 1/2 years. I also took tap and jazz. I was part of the pom pom squad in high school.
3. I used to play basketball. That sport was my other love. I played for seven years. I am short, so my position was either as a point guard or a shooting guard.
3. I am a deer hunter. I haven’t been deer hunting since my girls were born. Nursing and hunting do not mix that well.
4. I love to read. I am a total bookworm. When I get the chance, I can devour books. I have a list of 40 books that are on my list of “books to read” at our local library. Am I the only one who does this?
5. My vices are caffeine, chocolate and procrastination.
6. I am the only left handed person in my family. My husband and two daughters are all right handed just like my family of origin. This makes it hard to demonstrate how to tie shoes.
7. I am bilingual. I spent a semester in Spain, nad I feel in love with the country, the people and the lnaguee.
8. I lived with seven boys the summer before my senior year at my Catholic college. I then lived with fourteen women my senior year in what used to be an old convent.
9. I spent my early career working in a call center. I have so many stories that I would love to tell, but I don’t want my former employees to find me. I scandalize my coworkers with my stories of managing a call center.
10. I wanted to be the first female president of the United States when I was in middle school.
11. I am a total nerd, and I am okay with that. I love to research things that interest me like postpartum depression, genealogy, organizational culture, nonverbal communication, leadership, power and of course, shame courtesy of Brene Brown.
My Answers to Kristin’s Questions
- When a movie based on a book comes out, would you rather see the movie or read the book? I would rather read the book.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? I planned on being President of the United States.
- If you had $1 million to give to any charitable organization, which one would you choose? I would donate to Postpartum Progress. Katherine and her website saved me.
- What superpower do you wish you had? I would love to fly. Then I would not have to worry about a car. I would never be late, and I could visit friends whenever I wanted.
- If you wrote a NY Times Bestseller, what would it be about?
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Judgemental people. We could have a much better world if we would all listen and have open dialogues.
- Do you have a weird habit? I don’t eat the crusts on my sandwiches.
- Would you rather dance the Macarena, Gangnam Style or The Harlem Shake? Macarena. I was teased mercilessly in Spain about this song. I would not do the actual dance moves. I would be original.
- What’s your favorite guilty pleasure TV show? One Tree Hill.
- Dunkin’ Donuts or Starbucks? Starbucks.
- Of all the blog posts that you’ve written, do you have a favorite? Why? My favorite is the one about my brother because I wrote it for my parents. That is the first time that I shared my posts with my extended family.
My 11 Questions